Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Happy Birthday!

This is one of the cards I made to have on hand in case I need a birthday card. I saw something similar in a crafting magazine and thought the strips of patterned paper would be a fun look.



I wanted to add a bit of dimension to the elements so I attached some of the stickers from the collection to cardboard I had on hand and cut around the shapes. I used an emery board to smooth out the jagged edges.

I used glue dots to attach the baker's twine to the balloon.


Above is another sticker on cardboard. I used dimensional stickers to attach it to the card. At first, I just attached it straight to the card, but it was a bit lost with all the stripes and patterns around. One of my scrappin' sistas suggested placing a bit of the red polka dot paper behind it to make it pop more. What a great idea Charlene!!

Ingredients:

Pattern paper: Happy Day collection by Simple Stories
Card stock: Very Vanilla by Stampin' Up
Other elements were from my stash

2 comments:

  1. Great job Karin I like the look of this card. Like the way the pattern paper is set up for the angle gives more dimension. TFS

    ReplyDelete