Sunday, November 13, 2011

O Tannenbaum

Hi everyone!  Vicki Schram here kicking off this week's theme...Christmas Around the World!

I'm honoring my German ancestry with today's "O Tannenbaum" card.  Did you know that the Christmas Tree, or Tannenbaum, originated in Germany in the 16th century and gradually spread to most of Europe and North America by the early 19th century?  And now, it's one of our favorite symbols of the season!


Come visit me at PAPER SQUIRREL to view more photos and get all the details and supply list for this card.

Thanks for visiting Card A Day Blog today!  Be sure to check back tomorrow to see what inspiration designer Laury Vaden has in store for Christmas Around the World.


ENTER THE CHALLENGE TODAY!

3 comments:

  1. Excellent card! I love the history behind it to. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so going to lift this idea! I have some old Christmas music books that I've used previously and I haven't use this song :-).

    ReplyDelete