Saturday, March 17, 2012

With Sympathy Card

Of all the cards to do, the one I have trouble with the most is a sympathy card. Probably because of the emotions tied to the event.  Most of my cards are simple and clean, and this is no different. 
I used three sheets of paper to make this card… two white cardstock, and one dappled grey letter paper.
For the card base, I used a letter sized sheet of cardstock, and printed the sentiment on the  top inside of the card ~ “Thinking of you at this difficult time", with an “X” centered just below it.
The card front has a piece just slightly smaller than it, embossed with a fern background. Then there is a title plate that I made, a simple rectangle with embossed edges that I made using my scor-pal. 
The actual title is much clearer on the diagram below. It consists of two pieces…. a background piece cut just larger than the diagram, with the mottled grey paper, and the “with sympathy” element that is all one piece. I made it as follows:
  • In my cutter program, I wrote the words “With Sympathy” using Galaxy BT.
  • Added a 1/4 inch shadow layer or mat to the words.
  • Added 6 flowers, 3 with cut outs in their petals. And finally welded the items together. I then used the program to twist the title so it appears with a bit more depth. (I use Make the Cut)
The diagram below is from my view on my MTC workspace.
sympathy
I’m quite proud of the way it turned out.
finished card (2)
Thanks for visiting! Come tomorrow for more inspiration!
Shelley from Gardens Crafts ‘n’ More.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice detail on this card. I love the fern border.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is one of my favorite embossing folders!!! You could use it for any season... add a few holly leaves and berries and some snowy glimmer mist and it would be a terrific Christmas card background.

      Delete
  2. Great job on the cut file Shelley! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete